It’s time to think summer – warm sunny days spent in the garden,
on the golf course or just relaxing in the shade. But one thing you want to avoid while the sun is blazing: Having your air conditioner malfunction. Now is the time to take two steps to help prevent that sweaty scenario.
First, give your AC a test drive. On a warm but not hot day before you really need your air conditioner, turn it on for about an hour. If it’s blowing cold air and not making any odd noises, chances are it’s ready for summer. If not, give W.H. Riley & Son a call to take care of the issue before the oppressive heat strikes.
Second, give your AC a tune up. The trained technicians at W.H. Riley, which has been serving Southeastern Massachusetts for nearly 150 years, will conduct a thorough inspection of your system and make sure you enjoy optimum performance this summer. Among the work provided at a tune up:
- Change all the standard disposable filters and clean the permanent types.
- Check the condensate drain for leaks or blockage.
- Clean the indoor and outdoor evaporator coils and remove debris from the condenser.
- Check electrical parts and wiring to see that they are fully functioning, have no loose connections and are free from corrosion and wear.
- Check and test the refrigerant level.
- Test the outgoing air temperature.
W.H. Riley provides an AC tune up for $150, which includes a free air filter and up to one pound of refrigerant. One note: Tune ups can only be performed when the temperature is above 60 degrees. Otherwise, the refrigerant can’t be properly tested.
To schedule an AC tune up, contact W.H. Riley at 508-699-4651 or 508-822-1282 or visit www.whriley.com.
And enjoy a cool summer.